The dragon is the national symbol of Wales, one of the four countries within the United Kingdom.
Wooden spoon, green paint, green craft foam and scraps of red, yellow and orange craft foam, green glitter glue, elmer’s glue, googly eyes, permanent marker
- Use green paint to paint the spoon, and let dry.
- Fold the green foam in half. Draw a wing shape with the bottom along the fold. Cut around the wing shape. Unfold and decorate the wings with the glitter glue.
- Draw around the bowl of the spoon onto green foam. Cut out and glue to the spoon at the base of the handle (this is the lower part of the jaw).
- Glue the eyes to the back of the spoon, and draw on the nose with black pen.
- Cover the middle of the wing piece with the glue and wrap it round the spoon (you may need to tape in place with low mask tape to hold it while the glue dries)
- Now cut an arrow-shaped tail from green foam, decorate with glitter glue and glue to the end of the spoon.
- Finally cut a flame shape from yellow foam, a slightly smaller one from orange foam and an even smaller one from yellow foam. Glue them together in a pile and stick to the bottom of the dragon’s mouth.
Comments are closed