Plain white paper (any size), ruler, pencil, yarn, push pins, cardboard (thick enough to hold the push pins)
- Tie a 6 inch piece of string to the head of a push pin. Tie the other end of the string to a pencil.
- Lay the cardboard down and place one sheet of paper on top.
- Insert the push pin into the paper, ensuring that it goes all the way through into the cardboard.
- Pull the string taut and then draw a circle (you may need to help hold the push pin in place)
- Remove the push pin and the string.
- Using a ruler, draw a straight line that divides the circle in half.
- Use the ruler to continue dividing the circle into increasingly smaller sections (8 sections is best)
- Inscribe a square onto the circle by using the ruler to connect the ends of the lines at the point where they touch the circle’s edge.
- Color in the different sections, using crayons, markers, chalk or colored pencils. Now you have your own Turkish mosaic to hang up!