- Frozen grapes
These delicious treats won’t give your child a brain freeze, not will they hurt their teeth, as grapes remain chewable when frozen. Perfect for little hands, these will sure be a refreshing treat.
You will need: a handful of seedless grapes, red or green. Yogurt, chia and toothpicks optional.
- Wash grapes and place on a paper towel. Pat to dry.
- Place cookie sheet or wax paper on plate or tupperware
- Place grapes on sheet, leaving space between each grape
- Freeze grapes for 3-5 hours
- Place the grapes in a ziploc bag or tupperware for a on-the-go snack.
- Tip, for extra flavor add toothpick and dip them in yogurt and chia seeds before freezing!
- Sweet Potato Toast
A great (gluten and vegan free) breakfast idea for kids who are tired of having waffles. Check out these amazing benefits of eating sweet potatoes.
You will need: 1 washed sweet potato, not peeled. Bananas, peanut butter, a drizzle of honey, any toppings you may like.
- Slice sweet potato into thin wedges
- Toast until outside is brown and toasted and inside is warm and soft. Times vary depending on toaster strength
- Top with your favorite toppings.
- Frozen Yogurt Filled Raspberries
One of the easiest snacks out there, this is a great finger snack. Raspberries are super rich in antioxidants and vitamins!
You will need: a pack of clean raspberries, yogurt of your liking.
- Carefully fill raspberries with yogurt
- Place raspberries one by one into plastic tupperware
- Freeze for 4-5 hours
- Yogurt Bark
Think chocolate bark, except without all the added sugar, if you use free yogurt. Treat your kids to some healthy treats!
You will need: 2 cups of yogurt of your choice, 5 chopped strawberries, ½ cup blueberries, 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Pour yogurt into freezer proof dish lined with wax paper until ¼ inch thick
- Sprinkle strawberry slices, chia seeds and blueberries on top
- Freeze overnight
- Carefully lift was paper and break yogurt bark apart into pieces
- Remove bark from paper and enjoy
- Baked Apple Chips
This delicious treat is baked, so no fried unhealthy components there!
You will need: 2 red apples, mandolin slicer, silicone mat, baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F
- Slice apples as thin as possible, or use a mandolin slicer
- Place on silicone mat in a baking sheet/cookie tray
- Make sure the apple slice don’t overlap
- Bake one side for 1 hour
- Flip and bake other side for 1 hour
- Remove from oven and let cool.