1. What is your role at Rock and Roll Daycare? Can you describe your usual workday?
I am a teacher usually during the morning shift. My day starts making breakfast for the children before they come in so when dropoff time comes I am ready for them to do works from our current curriculum or improvise depending on the energy the kids have when they come in. Then we have breakfast and when we are done we wash hands to have during circle time and then do some artwork or free play. After our activities, we get ready to have our daily music class for 25 minutes followed by outdoor time or playtime in the gross motor room. Around 12 PM we wash hands to do potty time and have lunch, brush teeth and take a nap. When they wake up we change diapers again do some free play and the snack. At 3 my shift is over and I go home.
2. What is your favorite part about working with Rock and Roll Daycare?
I love children in general but the cultural diversity we have is one of my favorite things about the center.
3. How do you balance your career here in Rock and Roll Daycare and your family/personal life?
My son goes to school in the morning so my schedule is perfect to have some time together with him in the afternoon. Although I have a second job since I am a single mom, my career at Rock and Roll has helped me to grow as a mom too!
4. What inspires you?
My son. Every day he makes me a better person and when he was in daycare I realized the big impact a teacher can have on a child's life. I really appreciate his teachers and admire the job they did with him as an individual and I too want to leave a big impact on someone's life.
5. What is your motto or personal mantra?
“I love what I do” and also “ Happy child, happy life”
6. If given the chance, who would you like to be in a day? Why?
I think I like who I am and I wouldn't change it for anything, but I do have people that surround me whom I admire and respect and are examples in my life. The most important one is my mother.
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Spend time with friends and family.
8. What is your hidden talent that people will be surprised to know?
I love dancing and although I am not a professional I think I can do a good job!
9. What is the one thing you can't live without?
10. What have you gained from working with Rock and Roll Daycare?
I've gained lots of love from all the coworkers and families I work with. But it's also been a great experience to grow as a professional and to become a better Mom.